Installation of new Salvagnini L3 fibre Laser
Delivery and Installation of the new Fibre Laser
Installation of the new Salagnini L3 Fibre Laser.
- First we required a place for the laser to go, we built an extension of our sheet metal area 15m wide and 20m long into the middle of the yard towards shed 2.
- Mark out and fix base plates to concrete slab for the machine to sit on and be fixed to.
- Receive delivery of machine in pieces on two semi loads.
- Unloaded the machine from the semi's, the heaviest section was the main cutting section of the machine which weighed around 10 tonne. The main parts of the machine were put into position on the base plates.
- Two Salvagnini technicians were on site for the next week and a half assembling and testing the laser to make sure everything was working correctly and assembled properly. All of the wiring up of the machine was done, and setting up of all the safety barriers and guarding and at the end of the 10 days the machine was ready for operation.
- The two original technicians left and were replaced with another who was with us for one month to train us up on how to run the laser correctly and maintenance of the machine. The first week was taken up with testing the machine cutting different materials and different thicknesses while adjusting the parameters to achieve the best cut. The rest of his time here was spent training us and making sure we were comfortable with adjusting the parameters, cleaning and maintaining the machine, things to look for and what to do when problems arise. The training and support with the new laser was very thorough and by the end we were very comfortable with the operating of the machine and confident that we could sort out any issues that might present themselves.